Re: Huge number of raws - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Anton Nikiforov
Subject Re: Huge number of raws
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello Bruno and thanks for your replay.
But how PostgreSQL could deal with 1E11 (billions) records in the table?
Do you know how insers will be processed (slow insert problem)?
I have a database with already 50 millions of records (i just doubled my
25 million database) to check how Postgres will fill itself and it is
just OK with inserts, even updates.
But my database is 1000 times smaler than the one planned.
Maybe someone did test the database with such a huge amount of records,
or somebody from develpers could estimate the situation?
I disciver almost all internet :) To find someone having such an amount
of data in the database, but was not sucsseeded with this.

Regards,
Anton

Bruno Wolff III ?????:

--