Re: Problem: has_function_privilege() - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Problem: has_function_privilege()
Date
List pgsql-php
Stefan Hans wrote:
> my_example=# select has_function_privilege('postgres', 'cash_cmp', 'execute');
>
> ERROR:  expected a left parenthesis

The documentation isn't real clear on this, but reread:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/functions-misc.html
particularly this paragraph:

"has_function_privilege checks whether a user can access a function in a
particular way. The possibilities for its arguments are analogous to
has_table_privilege. When specifying a function by a text string rather
than by OID, the allowed input is the same as for the regprocedure data
type. The desired access privilege type must currently evaluate to EXECUTE."

Since function names can be overloaded in Postgres, you need to be more
specific with your function name, i.e. provide input data types in
parenthesis. E.g.:

regression=# select has_function_privilege('postgres', 'byteacat(bytea,
bytea)', 'execute');
  has_function_privilege
(1 row)

HTH,