Re: Composite Types and Function Parameters - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Composite Types and Function Parameters
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> But I think we can do better than this. We should really pass an hashref
> with the record's column names as keys rather than just calling
> record_out. I'll work on that.

Definitely.  If you aren't providing that info then it's hard to write
a generic function, which is more or less the whole point here.  I'd
even argue that it'd be nice if the function could find out the data
types of the record's columns; though I have no idea what a reasonable
API for that would be in Perl.