Re: 7.4.1 upgrade issues - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gavin M. Roy
Subject Re: 7.4.1 upgrade issues
Date
Re: 7.4.1 upgrade issues
List pgsql-general
I'll post it if you want, but the issue isn't with the optimizer, index
usage, or seq scan, the issue seems to be more revolving around the
backend getting so much cpu priority it's not allowing other backends to
process, or something along those lines.   For the hardware question
asked, it's an adaptec 7899 Ultra 160 SCSI card w/ accompanying fast
drives...

Again, I'll send the explain, etc if you think it would help answer my
question, but from my perspective, the amount of time the query takes to
execute isnt my issue, but the fact that nothing else can seemingly
execute while its running.

Gavin