Re: [HACKERS] Re: check failure with -DRELCACHE_FORCE_RELEASE -DCLOBBER_FREED_MEMORY - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: check failure with -DRELCACHE_FORCE_RELEASE -DCLOBBER_FREED_MEMORY
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>> On 03/03/2017 02:24 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>> I have been setting up a buildfarm member with -DRELCACHE_FORCE_RELEASE
>>> -DCLOBBER_FREED_MEMORY, settings which Alvaro suggested to me.I got core
>>> dumps with these stack traces. The platform is Amazon Linux.

>> I have replicated this on a couple of other platforms (Fedora, FreeBSD)
>> and back to 9.5. The same failure doesn't happen with buildfarm runs on
>> earlier branches, although possibly they don't have the same set of tests.

> well, the problem in rebuild_relation() seems pretty blatant:

I fixed that, and the basic regression tests no longer crash outright with
these settings, but I do see half a dozen errors that all seem to be in
RLS-related tests.  They all look like something is trying to access an
already-closed relcache entry, much like the problem in
rebuild_relation().  But I have no time to look closer for the next
several days.  Stephen, I think this is your turf anyway.