Re: WAL Optimisation - configuration and usage - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: WAL Optimisation - configuration and usage
Date
Re: WAL Optimisation - configuration and usage
List pgsql-performance
Simon Riggs wrote:
>>Josh Berkus wrote
>>
>>>Simon Riggs wrote
>>>Please set WAL_DEBUG to 1 so we can see a bit more info: thanks.
>>
>>I'm pretty sure that WAL_DEBUG requires a compile-time option.
>
> I'm surprised, but you are right, the manual does SAY this requires a
> compile time option; it is unfortunately not correct.

Actually, the manual is correct: in 7.4 and earlier releases, enabling
wal_debug can be done without also setting a compile-time #ifdef. As
of current CVS HEAD, the WAL_DEBUG #ifdef must be defined before this
variable is available.

-Neil