Using DataSource and Connection Pooling in Sun's App Server Platform Edition - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Petra Systems
Subject Using DataSource and Connection Pooling in Sun's App Server Platform Edition
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
I am having a problem here.  I have checked the installation using the
PointBase database and the ping works.  My configuration for the
postgres driver is
            DataSource classname =
org.postgresql.jdbc3.Jdbc3PoolingDataSource
            Resource Type = javax.sql.DataSource
            PortNumber = 5432
            ServerName  = localhost
            DatabaseName = customer

The database is running and I have implemented DataSource and Connection
Pooling in the application and it all works.  I am trying to get over to
an Applicatiion Server and EJB's.

I have also given it the userid and password.  It throws the error
message

      An error has occurred.
Operation 'pingConnectionPool' failed in 'resources' Config Mbean.
Target exception message: Error getting connection from the EIS

Anyone have experience with Sun's App Server?

Rich Rutkowski