Re: pgsql: Small tidyup for commit d41a178b. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Small tidyup for commit d41a178b.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Thomas Munro <tmunro@postgresql.org> writes:
> Small tidyup for commit d41a178b.
> A comment was left behind claiming that we needed to use malloc() rather
> than palloc() because the corresponding free would run in another
> thread, but that's not true anymore.  Remove that comment.  And, with
> the reason being gone, we might as well actually use palloc().

Hm, doesn't the change to palloc make the following error check redundant?

    childinfo = palloc(sizeof(win32_deadchild_waitinfo));
-    if (!childinfo)
-        ereport(FATAL,
-                (errcode(ERRCODE_OUT_OF_MEMORY),
-                 errmsg("out of memory")));
-
    childinfo->procHandle = pi.hProcess;
    childinfo->procId = pi.dwProcessId;

            regards, tom lane