Re: Found this in the server log on MAC OSX - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sean Shanny
Subject Re: Found this in the server log on MAC OSX
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom,

Let me clarify.... I was meant shutdown in the context of issuing a stop
against postgres not shutting down the OS.  Sorry if I am confusing things.

The scripts we are using to issue start, stop etc for postgres seem to
be causing the issue.  I changed the config to use timestamps in the log
and the act of stopping and starting the server caused the same error to
occur. :-(

 From the scripts we are using:

StartService ()
{
        if [ "${POSTGRES:=-YES-}" = "-YES-" ]; then

            ConsoleMessage "Starting PostgreSQL database server"
            su - postgres -c '/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl start -D
/usr/local/pgsql/data -l /usr/local/pgsql/data/logfile -o -i'

        fi
}

StopService()
{
        ConsoleMessage "Stopping PostgreSQL database services"
        /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl stop -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
        x=`/bin/ps axc | /usr/bin/grep postgres`
        if /bin/test "$x"
        then
                set $x
                kill -9 $x