Re: Too-many-files errors on OS X - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Too-many-files errors on OS X
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Confirmations on other platforms please, anyone?
>
> For anyone else who has problems getting it to compile, try copying
> the relevant version of pg_dlopen from src/backend/port/dynloader/. I
> attach the code I actually ran on HPUX.

FWIW:

RH9
-------------------
# ./eatallfds libperl.so libR.so libtcl.so
dup() failed: Too many open files
Was able to use 1021 file descriptors
dup() failed: Too many open files
Was able to use 1021 file descriptors after opening 3 shared libs

Fedora
# ./eatallfds libR.so libtcl.so libperl.so
dup() failed: Too many open files
Was able to use 1021 file descriptors
dup() failed: Too many open files
Was able to use 1021 file descriptors after opening 3 shared libs

Joe