Re: Replication options - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Replication options
Date
List pgsql-general
>>     •     Does not use triggers. Usually slow, and one action that
>> modifies several records, can trigger many actions on slaves/peers.
>>     •     Does use WAL, or other log, so that SQL DDL/DML is copied to
>> slave/peer, rather than the result of the DDL/DML.
>

> I think only Mammoth's ships WAL logs. Josh?

No we do not ship WAL logs. We ship our own transaction logs. One of the
reasons we do this is so you can bring up new slaves live. We do not
support replication of the SQL DDL but you do not need to stop the
replication or stop the database to add tables to the replicated list.

>>     •     Must provide master-master and master-slave replication
>

> I don't think any of the solutions will do master-master.

Only that new clusgres thing from LinuxLabs but I would have to see it
in production before I would get anywhere near it.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

>>     •     Simple to configure and maintain
>>

>> Many Thanx
>>

>> Simon Windsor
>>
>> Eml: simon.windsor@cornfield.org.uk
>>
>> Tel: 01454 617689
>>
>> Mob: 07960 321599
>>

>> --
>>  This message has been scanned for viruses and
>> believed to be clean.
>> Mailscanner thanks transtec Computers for their support.

> Andrew Rawnsley
> President
> The Ravensfield Digital Resource Group, Ltd.
> (740) 587-0114
> www.ravensfield.com

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Attachment