WAL logs and segment files - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Eduardo Leva
Subject WAL logs and segment files
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi, guys... I'm reading the version 7.3.4 documentation and I found this: "
"WAL logs are stored in the directory $PGDATA/pg_xlog, as a set of segment
 files, each 16 MB in size. Each segment is divided into 8 kB pages. The
 log record headers are described in access/xlog.h; record content is
 dependent on the type of event that is being logged. Segment files are
 given ever-increasing numbers as names, starting at 0000000000000000. The
 numbers do not wrap, at present, but it should take a very long time to
 exhaust the available stock of numbers. "
in item 12.2 Implementation. The question is: How do I solve this situation, the remarked situation? The answer is not in the docs. Thanks.

Pd. Sorry about my poor english. I speak spanish every day of my 3rd. world's life...
Sigan adelante... Saludos.

Eduardo Leva
Programador
Santa Fe Argentina.