Re: pg_restore problems and suggested resolution - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joseph Tate
Subject Re: pg_restore problems and suggested resolution
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Joseph Tate wrote:

> I propose pg_restore --disable-triggers be modified so that triggers are
> disabled on the tables that OID fixing is going to UPDATE.  I'll
> hopefully have a patch against REL7_4_STABLE for this soon, but I
> haven't started it yet.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Has someone
> already done this in HEAD so that it can be backported to 7.4?

So now that I've looked at the code, I think that this solution is a
little too simplistic unfortunately.  Now I'm leaning towards
--diable-rules.  Am I correct in thinking that if I change
pg_class.relhasrules to 'f' that the rules will not be processed?  Or is
there more involved here?

Joseph