Re: crystal reports varchar = string length 0 in jdbc but - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Klint Gore
Subject Re: crystal reports varchar = string length 0 in jdbc but
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 22:15:12 -0500 (EST), Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com> wrote:
[snip]

> See DatabaseMetaData.getColumns

[snip]

> All the code you've showed us does is create a connection, open a result
> set and print it.  You also note that this code works.  The
> interesting code would be: the table definitions, the sql query, and
> the actual printing code used.  Depending on how crystal reports works
> these may not be easy things to get to, but you'll have to give us
> something more to work with.

That's why I wanted to know if anyone had a class to write out the meta
data.  Anyway I wrote my own and it turns out to be precision.  The
jdbc-odbc bridge returns the width of text fields in the precision
property (resultSet.getMetaData().getPrecision(n)) were the postgresql
jdbc driver returns 0.

Also the date field returns the displaywidth in precision in the bridge
but postgresql jdbc driver returns 0.  crystal recognizes the date and
deals with them properly though.

klint.

: Klint Gore                            : "Non rhyming    :
: EMail   : kg@kgb.une.edu.au           :  slang - the    :
: Snail   : A.B.R.I.                    :  possibilities  :
: Mail      University of New England   :  are useless"   :
:           Armidale NSW 2351 Australia :     L.J.J.      :
: Fax     : +61 2 6772 5376             :                 :