Re: Rant to the guiding lights of Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Alex Satrapa
Subject Re: Rant to the guiding lights of Postgres
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Paul Smith wrote:
> Where is the Mac psql

For Mac OS X, just compile the whole kit and caboodle natively. I've got PostgreSQL 7.4.1 running on Mac OS X 10.3
(Panther)- on an iMac 333Mhz (Strawberry). It's great - even I was able to compile it straight out of the box!

Of course, Mac OS X is a Unix-like environment, so it's nowhere near the same as Mac OS 9. Under Mac OS 9 there is no
commandline available, so one option I'd suggest is using a terminal package like NCSA Telnet or its successor
MacTelnet[1].Once you have a terminal package, use it to open a shell on the DB server or a machine that has the client
softwareavailable.

HTH
Alex

[1] http://homepage.mac.com/kmg/mactelnet/