Re: Transaction aborts on syntax error. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rich Hall
Subject Re: Transaction aborts on syntax error.
Date
List pgsql-hackers

In this case, you would want the database to abort on a syntax error, right?>>

Am I completely off thread to ask why HOW we allow an abort on syntax
errors? (at least in regard to stored functions)
Shouldn't PostgreSQL do somethng intellignet like *notice* the syntax
error in the stored function when it is saved and once again so somethng
intellignet?

I don't know what PostgreSQL should do.

I know Oracle would mark the stored function as invalid and mark any
stored function invalid if it called an invalid function. Its a
fascinating cascade to watch in your IDE.

Rick