Re: How can I have 2 completely seperated databases in - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: How can I have 2 completely seperated databases in
Date
log_line_info plan  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Rod Taylor wrote:

>Last time I looked,
>you couldn't get the database name in the log files to allow for
>mechanical filtering

Watch this space.When my log_disconnections patch makes it through the
filter process it will be followed up with a patch that allows tagging
of log lines with a printf-style string.

My current thinking is to provide the following escapes:

%U = user
%D = database
%T = timestamp
%P = pid
%L = session log line number
%C = sessionid cookie (hex encoded session start time + pid)
%S = session start timestamp

and I'm willing to entertain other suggestions.

cheers

andrew