Re: [GENERAL] dblink - custom datatypes don't work - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Gibson
Subject Re: [GENERAL] dblink - custom datatypes don't work
Date
Re: [GENERAL] dblink - custom datatypes don't work  (Mark Gibson <gibsonm@cromwell.co.uk>)
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

>Mark Gibson <gibsonm@cromwell.co.uk> writes:
>

>>Unfortunately, it doesn't work using the oid the map, whether custom types
>>are involved or not. All I get is the following message:
>>ERROR:  unsupported byval length: nnnn
>>SPI is very new to me (like 2 days old ;).
>>Any suggestions where I've gone wrong?
>>

>Not offhand.  Try setting a breakpoint at errfinish() so you can get a
>stack trace back from the point of the error; that should help.

Well, I've re-compiled PostgreSQL 7.4.1 with --enable-debug
(was previously working with a Gentoo ebuild of it).
And strangely I get a different error now:

ERROR:  query-specified return row and actual function return row do not
match

After placing a few elog statements around pgresultGetTupleDesc, i've
found the
error happens after this function.

I've been trying to use gdb to trace the problem, but I can't work out
how to attach
gdb to a backend process. (I've never tried to debug a multi process before)
Are there any docs on debugging the backend processes?
I've searched www.postgresql.org without luck :(

--
Mark Gibson <gibsonm |AT| cromwell |DOT| co |DOT| uk>
Web Developer & Database Admin