Re: I want to use postresql for this app, but... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Claudio Cicali
Subject Re: I want to use postresql for this app, but...
Date
Re: I want to use postresql for this app, but...  (Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com>)
Re: I want to use postresql for this app, but...  (Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com>)
List pgsql-general
Paul Thomas wrote:
> On 09/02/2004 15:25 Jan Wieck wrote:
>
>> Paul Thomas wrote:
>> [snip]
>> In addition to this, "also open source" is correct, but there are
>> significan differences in the quality of "open" vs. "open". MySQL is
>> not free, so if the application developed is closed source, it
>> requires the end user to purchase a commercial MySQL license per
>> installation.
>
> Another good point in our favour IMHO.

This is *WRONG*.

MySQL is *free*, but is double-licensed.

Please refer to this page for further details.
http://www.mysql.com/products/licensing.html

--
Claudio Cicali
c.cicali@mclink.it