ERROR: column 'xxx' does not exist (under v. 7.4.1) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Iker Arizmendi
Subject ERROR: column 'xxx' does not exist (under v. 7.4.1)
Date
Re: ERROR: column 'xxx' does not exist (under v. 7.4.1)  (Joe Sunday <sunday@csh.rit.edu>)
List pgsql-general
Using psql and running as the owner of the table "app" I
try to access the columns of the table like so:

    SELECT * FROM app;

which returns all the columns in the table including
the one I'm interested in, which is "companyID".
If instead I use something like:

    SELECT companyID FROM app;

I get the following:

    ERROR: column "companyid" does not exist

even though the column DOES exist (the previous query
returned "companyID" as one of the column headers). Any
suggestions as to what I might be missing? I'm running
Postgres 7.4.1.

Regards,
Iker