Re: Transfer database tables to a schema - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Transfer database tables to a schema
Date
List pgsql-general
Peter Darley wrote:
>     I don't have large objects or schemas in the db I want to move, but I do
> have languages and functions.  I'm not sure if I need to be worried about
> collisions there or not.  I can't tell weather languages/functions live in
> the database, or in a schema of the database.

Functions are dumped. They are specific to schemas as well. There could be two
functions with same name/signature in different schemas and that is perfectly
fine. That's where your schema search path comes into picture. Set it right and
everything will be in the right cell.

As goes for languages, I am not sure if they are dumped. However you can create
them manually if required. There are hardly few dozens of them out there..:-)

But adding language is only required if source database had it but not the
target database. If two databases are failrly similar, then it should not be needed.

<OT>
I request you to make a habit to reply all, while replying to postgresql mailing
lists. These lists do not set the reply-to to mailing list.

I don't know why it is so but I am sure it is been requested in past. I found it
difficult to adjust initially but got used to it.

Not that it is much of a hassle for me. Its just different than what I am/was
used to.
</OT>

HTH

  Shridhar