Re: reading uninitialized buffer - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: reading uninitialized buffer
Date
List pgsql-patches

Neil Conway wrote:

>Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
>

>>OK, then *This* patch does it the way I think is clearest. Most of it
>>is just reindenting.
>>

>Okay, I applied this patch, and made a few additional cleanups along
>the way (the whole function and a couple other things don't need to be
>declared in hba.h, for example). The incremental diff between what I
>applied and what Andrew posted is attached.
>
>BTW, I think the proper fix is to rewrite next_token(), which is
>rather obfuscated at present. Anyone want to take a shot at this?

the file probably has several candidates for cleanup - parse_hba() not
least among them, but I am trying to do several things during my
involuntary "time off", which I expect to end RSN, so I doubt I can get
to either of these soon.

cheers

andrew