Re: ALTER SEQUENCE: Missing feature? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: ALTER SEQUENCE: Missing feature?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
wrap="">Sequencesare tables in some very real senses.  I don't see the

value in duplicating code just to allow people to spell TABLE as
I guess it comes down to a philosophical thing.  Should people need to
know the PostgreSQL internals like the fact that a SEQUENCE is
currently implemented as a TABLE, or should they just be able to do
reasonable things like call ALTER SEQUENCE when they alter a sequence?
 </pre></blockquote> I would have to second this. From a user, user space programmer, dba perspective a SEQUENCE is
a<br/> SEQUENCE not a table... thus operations such as ALTER that effect the SEQUENCE should<br /> use ALTER
cite="mid20040201195739.GE19912@fetter.org"type="cite"><pre wrap="">Cheers,

+1-503-667-4564 - <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:jd@commandprompt.com">jd@commandprompt.com</a> - <a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext"href="http://www.commandprompt.com">http://www.commandprompt.com</a>

PostgreSQL Replicator -- production quality replication for PostgreSQL</pre>