Re: Some additions/#ifdefs to target new OS NetWare - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Some additions/#ifdefs to target new OS NetWare
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Ulrich Neumann <u_neumann@gne.de> writes:
> During my work i�ve found the following that need to be added to
> the sources in order to compile postgreSQL on NetWare.

We'd appreciate a patch (diff -c format), not random snippets of code.

> 2. in bootstrap.c/cleanup()
> #ifdef N_PLAT_NLM
>     NWCleanUp();
> #endif

Unlikely to be the right place for it, if it's needed at all which I
doubt.  (Surely NetWare can manage to provide a *standard* C execution
environment, in which any platform-specific startup and cleanup stuff
is done in the C library?)

> 4. in fd.c/filepath()

> #ifdef N_PLAT_NLM
>     buf = (char *) palloc(strlen(filename) + 1);
>     strcpy(buf, filename);
> #else

I don't believe this either.

> 7. in dynamic_loader.h
> #ifndef N_PLAT_NLM
> extern void *pg_dlopen(char *filename);
> extern PGFunction pg_dlsym(void *handle, char *funcname);
> extern void pg_dlclose(void *handle);
> extern char *pg_dlerror(void);
> #endif

Nope.  Make a platform-specific implementation of pg_dlopen and friends,
just like all the other platforms have done.