Re: sequence in schema -- broken default - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: sequence in schema -- broken default
Date
List pgsql-general

> By the way...  should the way you wrote it work?

No. I did not complete the syntax.

> # INSERT INTO one.foo VALUES ();
> ERROR:  syntax error at or near ")" at character 29
>
> Seems like maybe it should work with the default, but I don't know.

No, the reason the below works is version() is a function where values
() is not.
I don't think you are going to have any choice but to hardcode the
sequence value
unless you want to bounce in between search paths based on who is
connecting.