Re: Status: OSCON organization - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: Status: OSCON organization
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Josh Berkus wrote:

> Elein,
>
>> I'm not sure that Jan can do a tutorial on the actual replication
>> system --
>
> (Jan, please correct me if any of the below is wrong)
>
> Jan's not going to do this; I had a talk with him on the phone.   He doesn't
> want to do any presentations on Slony-I until he has a working version, which
> will probably not be before OSCON.    And he doesn't want to commit to doing
> a presentation on ARC/BGWriter either.

ARC/BGwriter would be a completely different topic. And on advanced
algorithms like this, one can expect the audience to start snoring,
evaporating or doing other unpleasant things after about 30 minutes or
so. I can for sure "talk" about things like that for days, but the key
is to have people who listen!

Let's see what comes out of my Toronto trip, okay?

Jan