Re: Status: OSCON organization - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: Status: OSCON organization
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 09:59:44AM -0800, elein wrote:
>> I think it is important for you or Jan to do
>> a replication tutorial.
>
> I'm not sure that Jan can do a tutorial on the actual replication
> system -- he's never had to administer it (fortunately for him), just
> fix some bugs in it (unfortunately for him).  I think if he does a
> talk on this, it'll have to be on his currently-in-progress system
> instead.  (I do think, however, that people at OSCON are way more
> likely to want to talk to Jan than to talk to me.  I'm a miserably
> bad programmer, so I'm not really in a position to talk about what
> we're doing next except in the broadest terms.)

That's probably true. I'm just back from LinuxWorld and on that BOF the
was several "two thumbs up". And there where quite some people who
wanted to talk about some of the finer details after the BOF.

As Andrew said, I can't say much about living with the stuff I want to
replace anyway, so what I would have to talk about is what I'm actually
developing. I hope to have something working by the time of the
conference, but as of now I am in the early stages of implementing.

I am next week in Toronto and will discuss the issue with Andrew and
Janusz (the guy I'm reporting to and who in the end would have to nod).

Jan