Re: computed field on a table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: computed field on a table
Date
List pgsql-general
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
David Garamond wrote:
This is a feature of Interbase/Firebird. Is this planned for future
version of Postgres (I can always use a view for this though).

I would use a view which would keep the amount of accesses to the table low as well.

Use a trigger to keep a materialized version of the computed field up to
date, or use a view to compute the field dynamically.  No other
mechanisms are planned.

TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command   (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo@postgresql.org)