RE: How to configure iodbc access to local postgres db? - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Rob Yampolsky
Subject RE: How to configure iodbc access to local postgres db?
Date
List pgsql-odbc

>> /usr/lib/libpsqlodbc.so

>This is the driver for iODBC.

>> and
>> /usr/lib/libodbcpsql.so
>>

>This is the driver for unixODBC.

Well, not quite.

libodbcpsql.so seems to work for both unixODBC and iODBC (with a few quirks - the iODBC 'odbctest' program segfaults when I quit, but my app, which was essentially cloned from 'odbctest', works okay).]

libpsqlodbc.so doesn't work for iODBC at all.

To get this working, I ran the postmaster in debug mode.  When using libpsqlodbc.so under iODBC, the postmaster didn't log anything.  Using libodbcpsql.so, it reported that I needed to set the UserName parameter in .odbc.ini, and once I did, it worked.

R o b  Y a m p o l s k y
rob.yampolsky@encodasystems.com
212-303-4250 (tel)
212-688-2639 (fax)

"The information in this e-mail is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you have received this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information.  Also, please indicate to the sender that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete the copy you received.  Thank you."