Re: 100 simultaneous connections, critical limit? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Adam Alkins
Subject Re: 100 simultaneous connections, critical limit?
Date
Re: 100 simultaneous connections, critical limit?
List pgsql-performance
scott.marlowe wrote:

>A few tips from an old PHP/Apache/Postgresql developer.
>
>1: Avoid pg_pconnect unless you are certain you have load tested the
>system and it will behave properly.  pg_pconnect often creates as many
>issues as it solves.

I share the above view. I've had little success with persistent
connections. The cost of pg_connect is minimal, pg_pconnect is not a
viable solution IMHO. Connections are rarely actually reused.

--
Adam Alkins
http://www.rasadam.com