System V IPC semaphore configuration. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ted Gervais
Subject System V IPC semaphore configuration.
Date
List pgsql-general
I am new to this list and ran into a problem when trying to install the
latest postgresql, version 7.0.3.
Here is what I see when I try and bring postgresql up:

postgres@ve1drg:~$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed (Invalid argument) key=5432010, size=144,
permission=700
This type of error is usually caused by an improper
shared memory or System V IPC semaphore configuration.
For more information, see the FAQ and platform-specific
FAQ's in the source directory pgsql/doc or on our
web site at http://www.postgresql.org.
IpcMemoryIdGet: shmget failed (Invalid argument) key=5432010, size=144,
permission=0
IpcMemoryAttach: shmat failed (Invalid argument) id=-2
FATAL 1:  AttachSLockMemory: could not attach segment
postgres@ve1drg:~$

I had no problem installing things so I figured all was going well. I guess
not.

Does anyone know how I can get passed this problem.. and what is the fix??

---
Ted Gervais
1-902-679-2253
Coldbrook, Nova Scotia Canada.