Altnerate Column Return Names - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Thomas Swan
Subject Altnerate Column Return Names
Date
List pgsql-sql
If I do a select * from table1, table2 where table1.id = table2.id I
normally get two columns returned with a column identifier of id.

Such as
 id | name | data | id | name | data
----+------+------+----+------+------    |      |      |    |      |

Is there anyway to get the result to return
 table1.id | table1.name | table1.data | table2.id | ,,,
-----------+-------------+-------------+-----------+- ...

It seems awkward, however the only way I've been able to work around this
is to use column names prefixed with the table name.

One of my projects is using PHP and I"m sure that the hash table they
create to select rows is determined from the column names returned from a
query.

Thanks,
Thomas

... I feel like I ask some weird questions ...
-
- Thomas Swan
- Graduate Student  - Computer Science
- The University of Mississippi
-
- "People can be sorted into two fundamental groups,
- those that divide people into two groups and
- those that don't."