Re: Performance of Postgres via network connections - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Charles Tassell
Subject Re: Performance of Postgres via network connections
Date
List pgsql-general
Since most RAID servers can't even flood a 100 mbit connection, you're more
than safe with that much bandwidth if most of your traffic is going to be
database related.  You might want to factor in all the other network
traffic that will be going over those lines though.  For instance, if the
app servers are going to be mounting partitions off of a RAID server on the
same network, and your Internet connection comes in there too,  you might
start to run into problems.  The database shouldn't even come close though.