Re: Continuous inserts... - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Joerg Hessdoerfer
Subject Re: Continuous inserts...
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi!

At 08:18 18.08.00 -0700, you wrote:
[...]

>I didn't try with vacuum, I just did a table lock and that
>seemed to still hang the inserts with two tables, so I figured
>maximum safety was adding the third table.  If it works with two
>that's much cooler.  Was this with real data or just a small test
>set?

It was a test set ... ~20000 records, *BUT* I found that postgres
decides when it starts to use the rule - means, if you do continous
inserts on the table and create the rule, there's a varying time until
the rule applies. In my first tests, I re-connected the DB very often,
and the the change seemed immediate.

Any ideas on how to 'promote' the rules faster?!?

Greetings,        Joe
--
+------****  Science & Engineering Applications GmbH  ****------+
| Joerg Hessdoerfer                                             |