Re: postgre performance question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ioannis Kappas
Subject Re: postgre performance question
Date
List pgsql-general
... it really does clean the table at midnight and then immediately vacuums
the table after it.
What it really does is to populate the table with two hundred thousand of
entries each day and
later on the table  will be populated with million of entries each day.
Again at midnight, all the entries from the table are removed and the table
is vacuumed (I want to make this clear).

Do you think this is the expected behaviour I am getting? Can I do
something to improve the
perfrormance? Should I try to find another database that can handle such
`big?' amount of entries?
Can I change something on the configuration of the database that will speed
up the queries?

Thanks a lot,
Ioannis