How to limit the size of pg_log ?? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jean-Arthur Silve
Subject How to limit the size of pg_log ??
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello !

Well, I have a process which continuously access to the DB (with SELECT,
DELETE and UPDATE)

My problem is that in one or two months pg_log file size is 1Go !

is there a solution ???

thank you

At 13:47 13/02/01 +0100, DaVinci wrote:
>On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 12:25:59PM +0100, fabrizio.ermini@sysdat.it wrote:
> > On 13 Feb 2001, at 10:58, Michael Ansley wrote:
> >
> > > OK, someone want to answer this?  I have always been under the impression
> > > that Postgres would not block under these circumstances, however, this is
> > > clearly blocking, for no apparently good reason.
> > >
> > > I have just run a test on my own server, and this blocking does not
> happen.
> > > Both sessions run independently until each has committed, then displaying
> > > information from the other insert, but definitely not blocking.  It works
> > > exactly as I would have expected.
> > >

> > This thing has ignited my curiosity, too. I've tested it on a server
> > and I've obtained your same results, no blocking, as should be.
>
>  8| That sounds terrible for me. I don know what can be the problem. Any
>  volunteer for using my script to create the Database and experimenting with
>  insert?... :)
>
>  Here is (as preambule) the table in which I make insertions:

>create table aviso (
>         número          serial primary key,
>         fecha           timestamp default now(),
>         procedencia     int2 references procedencia,
>         línea           int2 references línea,
>         empresa         int2 references empresa,
>         urgente         bool    default 'f',
>         externo         bool    default 'f',
>         aceptado        bool,
>         tmr                     bool    default 'f',
>         detalle         text
>);
>create index avi_fecha_ndx on aviso (fecha);
>create index avi_procedencia_ndx on aviso (procedencia);
>create index avi_linea_ndx on aviso (línea);
>create index avi_empresa_ndx on aviso (empresa);
>create index avi_urgente_ndx on aviso (urgente);
>create index avi_aceptado_ndx on aviso (aceptado);
>create index avi_tmr_ndx on aviso (tmr);
>create index avi_externo_ndx on aviso (externo);
>
>  I make following insert from psql:
>
>  # insert into aviso(procedencia,línea,empresa,detalle) values
>         (1,1,1,'Example');
>
>  referencial integrity to "procedencia", "línea" and "empresa" works fine.
>  Those tables have convenient values.
>
>  If you have any idea about this problem I'll thank your comments.
>
>  Greets.
>

>David

Le simple fait de passer par la fenetre ne suffit pas a la transformer en porte.