Re: trouble finding the object method driver.... - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Jerry Asher
Subject Re: trouble finding the object method driver....
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
At 09:09 PM 4/2/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Jerry Asher <jerry@hollyjerry.org> writes:
> > At a suggestion from then net, I have recently (today) loaded DBI::DBD
> > and Bundle::DBI
> >   perl -MCPAN -e 'install DBI::DBD'
> >   perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::DBI'
> > I then followed the instructions in
> > postgresql-7.1beta5/src/interfaces/perl5/README, and installed Pg.pm.
>
>interfaces/perl5 is a standalone interface module for Perl.  It has
>nothing to do with DBI.  In particular, it is *not* the same thing as
>DBD-Pg, which is the Pg driver that DBI is looking for.  You can find
>DBD-Pg in the same CPAN archives you got DBI from.
>
>                         regards, tom lane

Thanks Tom, Woo hoo!  It works!

Perhaps a bit of my stumble was caused by this message

>Perhaps the
>DBD::Pg perl module hasn't been fully installed, or perhaps the
>capitalisation of 'Pg' isn't right. Available drivers: ADO, ExampleP,
>Multiplex, Proxy. at /home/httpd/cgi-bin/webcal/webcal_io.pm line 282

Which appears to use the same name for the DBD module as for the
interfaces/perl5 module.

Is there a naming convention I should learn about?

Thanks again!

Jerry Asher

Jerry Asher                       jerry@hollyjerry.org
1678 Shattuck Avenue Suite 161    Tel: (510) 549-2980
Berkeley, CA 94709                Fax: (877) 311-8688