Backend terminated abnormally error ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom
Subject Backend terminated abnormally error ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi

As a complete newbie to PGSQL -- and having searched the archives to no
avail -- the following error has been surfacing on a server that I have
just begun to work on (timing is everything ;-)

Error is
Database error: Invalid SQL: select val from active_sessions where sid =
'b83d3901673d1a6f2076ef0188760e88' and name = 'yoursound_Session'
PostgreSQL Error: 1 (PQexec() -- Request was sent to backend, but
backend  closed the channel before responding. This probably means the
backend terminated abnormally before or while processing the request. )
Session halted.

I'd appreciate any and all solutions/hints (guesses even)  as to where to
look to resolve/rectify this.

sincerely,
Tom