Re: Using Microsoft Access as front end to Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tim Uckun
Subject Re: Using Microsoft Access as front end to Postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
At 02:38 PM 10/05/00 -0700, Steve Quezadas wrote:
>I am trying to use Microsoft Access as a front end to Postgres, but I am
>having some trouble with the ODBC driver. I get all sorts of weird
>problems. For instance, sometimes when I enter in new values in a table,
>if the field I type in a field that has already been typed in before (ie I
>type "CA" in two different rows of the "states" column), the whole row has
>"#Deleted" in it. Other times, I want to delete a record, and I'll get a
>dialogue box that says "ODBC--delete on a linked table 'test' failed" and
>then another one that says "Error while executing the query; ERROR: Unable
>to identify an operator '=' for types 'xid' and 'int4'. You will have to
>retype this query using an explicit cast". I get the same exact errors if
>I try to change an item in a current record.

If there is a document that describes how to use access as a front end to
postgres I too would be very interested in reading it.  I want to do the
exact same thing.

:wq
Tim Uckun
Due Diligence Inc. http://www.diligence.com/   Americas Background
Investigation Expert.
If your company isn't doing background checks, maybe you haven't considered
the risks of a bad hire.