Re: to pickle or not to pickle - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Moon
Subject Re: to pickle or not to pickle
Date
List pgsql-general
At 16:28 05/06/00 +0800, you wrote:
>At 11:56 AM 31-05-2000 -0400, Marc Tardif wrote:
> >I'm writing a search engine using python and postgresql which requires to
> >store a temporary list of results in an sql table for each request. This
> >list will contain at least 50 records and could grow to about 300. My
> >options are either to pickle the list and store a single entry or use the
> >postgresql COPY command (as opposed to INSERT which would be too slow) to
> >store each of the temporary records.
>
>Are you trying to do:
>
>"showing 20 results" click next/previous for next/previous 20.

If you _are_ trying to do this, and if its a web-based development, you
might like to look at Zope (www.zope.org). It works well with PostgreSQL.
It will do this for you automatically. (Take a look at the SQL Methods docs
on that site). Its written in and uses python so you should feel really at
home. Let me know if you need any more help on Zope.

Richard

Richard Moon
richard@dcs.co.uk