Re: [GENERAL] Connect PostgreSQL 6.0 Server with php4b - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Charles Tassell
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Connect PostgreSQL 6.0 Server with php4b
Date
List pgsql-general
Your problem is probably in the /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf file.
That file lists what machines are allowed to connect to your Postgres
server and what sort of authentication they have to provide.  If the web
server and the Postgres server are on the same machine, you should have
these two lines  in that file:
local        all    trust
host         all         127.0.0.1        255.255.255.255   trust

If they are on seperate machines, you will want to set up something like:
host         all         web.server.ip   255.255.255.255   crypt

and set up accounts/passwords for your PHP scripts, then use this sort of
thing to connect to the DB:
$dbCon = pg_PConnect("host=postgres.server.address user=username
password=password dbname=database.to.connect.to");