Re: [GENERAL] copying from one table to another - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Charles Tassell
Subject Re: [GENERAL] copying from one table to another
Date
List pgsql-general
Try something like:

INSERT INTO selection (fieldlist) SELECT fieldlist from temp_section;

SELECT INTO won't work, as it requires you to be creating the destination
table (well, you could drop temp_section first, but that could be annoying.)