Re: [SQL] Stepping through a table. - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Matthew Hagerty
Subject Re: [SQL] Stepping through a table.
Date
List pgsql-sql
Thanks, I was thinking that's what cursors did, but I can't find a good
source anywhere that actually tells you that you are reading one record at
a time instead of submitting a whole query where the results are place in
memory.

You mentioned that cursors are read only.  Can I do update statements while
navigating with cursors?  Or do they lock the records they are reading?

Again, thank you.

Matthew