Re: [INTERFACES] Compiling a function - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Matthew Hagerty
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Compiling a function
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
At 01:55 AM 4/20/99 -0400, you wrote:
>> ERROR:  Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/procs/bool2int.o failed: dlopen
>> (/usr/local/pgsql/procs/bool2int.o) failed
>
>3 points:
>
>Make sure /usr/local/pgsql/procs/bool2int.o exists and is accessible to
>postgres
>
>Even though you are running FreeBSD, I believe you need to build a shared
>object (bool2int.so), not just an object file
>
>Start with examples in src/tutorial/. Watch what their Makefile is doing.
>

>--Gene

Thanks!  I linked with -shared and that fixed the LOAD problem.  Now I get
an error saying the function cannot be found in the file...

ERROR:  Can't find function bool2int in file /usr/local/pgsql/procs/bool2int.o

I have tried every linker flag possible, nothing helps.  Seems funny that a
function cannot be located in a library file?!?!

Any *more* insight whould be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matthew