how to make radius become XTRAdius :) - Important Radius Patch - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Natalino Picone
Subject how to make radius become XTRAdius :) - Important Radius Patch
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi all, this is our patch for cistron radius and this is the story.
We are running some italian ISP using some linux boxes and some livingston
Portmasters 3 and we wanna handle everything (both user accounting and
authentication) via sql databases... We also would like to make some
session limits and time limit classes...
So we think that the best way to do this is to handle everything using
external script... We started patching cistron radiusd and making tests...
We are now using this way to handle all the auth & acct informations with
some simple perl scripts...
Our patched version (we called it XtRadius :) permits to handle the user
authentication externally, the radiusd calls an external script passing the
user informations (password included) as well handling the results... so
you can write your own authentication script...
For the accouting it's the same way (it is similar to Vladimir Ivaschenko
patch)... we radiusd execute an external script passing all the information
so that you can archive them...
We are running this version for a lot of time... Everything is at
http://www.xtradius.com
This patch is for cistron-1.5.4.3-beta15 and we think this is the best way
to handle user data...it is also more expandible and you don't need to know
the radius protocol :)
For example our scripts also the mail hub and mail server with user db...
We are also trying to packaging our external scripts; for more information
about it look at http://www.xtradius.com

Please note that this will naturally remain FREE!!

Please report me any comments... I need them...

Thanks a lot, Natalino Picone
Natalino Picone (npicone@working.it)
Working Online - Internet, Telematica e Soluzioni di Rete
Web www.working.it - Email Internet@working.it
Work.Net S.r.l.
Via XXV Aprile 37 - 21100 Varese - ITALY
Tel. +39-332-320.720 - Fax +39-332-310.202
Via Cavour 15 - 21013 Gallarate - VA - ITALY
Tel. +39-331-776.818 - Fax +39-331-788.245

Attachment