Re: Large # of rows in query extremely slow, not using index - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Stephen Crowley
Subject Re: Large # of rows in query extremely slow, not using index
Date
List pgsql-performance
Problem solved.. I set the fetchSize to a reasonable value instead of
the default of unlimited  in the PreparedStatement and now the query
is . After some searching it seeems this is a common problem, would it
make sense to change the default value to something other than 0 in
the JDBC driver?

If I get some extra time I'll look into libpq and see what is required
to fix the API. Most thirdparty programs and existing JDBC apps won't
work with the current paradigm when returning large result sets.

Thanks,
Stephen