parsing pg_ident.conf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject parsing pg_ident.conf
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I noticed somewhat to my surprise as I was prepping the tests for the
"match the whole DN" patch that pg_ident.conf is parsed using the same
routines used for pg_hba.conf, and as a result the DN almost always
needs to be quoted, because they almost all contain a comma e.g.
"O=PGDG,OU=Testing". Even if we didn't break on commas we would probably
need to quote most of them, because it's very common to include spaces
e.g. "O=Acme Corp,OU=Marketing". Nevertheless it seems rather odd to
break on commas, since nothing in the file is meant to be a list - this
is a file with exactly three single-valued fields. Not sure if it's
worth doing anything about this, or we should just live with it the way
it is.

cheers

andrew

--