Re: logic/db question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marco Bizzarri
Subject Re: logic/db question
Date
List pgsql-general
If table reorganization is an option for you, you could consider using
integer ranges for describing parant/children relationships.

I have seen them in one of Joe Celko books:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1558609202/sr=8-2/qid=1154595988/ref=pd_bbs_2/104-2243146-1376759?ie=UTF8

In that way, you can find all the children with just one query.

Regards
Marco

--
Marco Bizzarri