Re: walreceiver is uninterruptible on win32 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: walreceiver is uninterruptible on win32
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 10:35 AM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just replacing PQexec() with PQsendQuery() is pretty straightforward, we
>> could put that replacement in a file in port/win32. Replacing
>> PQconnectdb() is more complicated because you need to handle connection
>> timeout. I suggest that we only add the replacement for PQexec(), and
>> live with the situation for PQconnectdb(), that covers 99% of the
>> scenarios anyway.
>
> I'll try to replace PQexec() first, and PQconnectdb() second if I have
> enough time.

Sorry for the delay. The attached patch replaces PQexec() used by dblink
and libpqwalreceiver with pgwin32_PQexec() which is the win32 version of
PQexec().

pgwin32_PQexec() is provided as the library 'libpqbe.dll', which is created
only on win32. dblink.dll and libpqwalreceiver.dll refer to libpqbe.dll.
Also libpqbe.dll refers to libpq.dll.

I'm not sure if my patch is in the right way. If you notice anything,
please feel free to comment!

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao