Re: Backup history file should be replicated in Streaming Replication? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Backup history file should be replicated in Streaming Replication?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 9:55 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> Here's is modified patch that adds a new backupStartPoint field to
>> pg_control for that + some other minor editorialization.
>
> I've committed this now.

Thanks a lot!

src/backend/access/transam/xlog.c
> else
> {
>     XLogRecPtr    InvalidXLogRecPtr = {0, 0};
>     ControlFile->minRecoveryPoint = InvalidXLogRecPtr;
> }

In my original patch, the above is for the problem discussed in
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-12/msg02039.php

Since you've already fixed the problem, that code is useless.
How about getting rid of that code?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao